The Big Latch On 2014


Happy Breastfeeding week and month!!

Vida and I attended our first Big Latch On event here in Albany, Ga.

What is The Big Latch On? 

It is a synchronized breastfeeding event where moms get together from all over world and have their baby "latch" on for one whole minute at a set time. 
Then the the numbers are added up to see if the moms have beat the previous Big Latch On records in their area and then the grand total from all over the world are announced.

The Big Latch On  supports communities on normalizing breastfeeding and it empowers women on breastfeeding in public.

You can check out their Facebook page for more info and how to sign up or host an event for next year.

Here are a few photos from our event in Albany, Ga


He demands, mom supplies and Daddy supports :)


Counting the latches



"Big things often have small beginnings"
 I still can't believe I was a part of this amazing event with a great group of moms.
So many times I thought I was failing at the whole breastfeeding thing, but here we are 14 months later and going strong! I want my daughter to grow in a world where breastfeeding in public is normal and to never feel ashamed when it comes time to feed her child.

 
#lactavist 

7 moms strong...I know we will grow bigger!

Feel free to use the  #lactavist in your photos. I would love to see them

These boobs are made for feeding and that's just what they'll do
Happy Breastfeeding!










Comments

Popular Posts