Dear: Vida

          

I purchased this Cinderella journal when I found out I was pregnant with a baby girl. I always wanted to write a diary or journal for my child so when he or she grew up she could read about her life. 
I'm glad I had a girl because I was dying to buy this journal for months. 

For a boy I had my eyes set on a blue nautical one I had seen at Target. 

My diary starts with a letter to my daughter before she was born. I wrote it when I was pregnant and cried the whole time. I try to write as much as I can everyday. Sometimes it doesn't make it to my diary so I use Siri on my iPhone and dictate what happened that day or moment. (much faster than typing) I then look back and enter it in my journal later that night. 

I have some pages that look like this. it's more of a timeline of events. 
        

         
Excuse my messy writing. 
On this entry I wrote about the first time she slept in her crib in her own room. I wrote how I felt and how I was a nervous wreck the whole time. 

              
Date of the First time sleeping in her own room. I will never forget this day. It was very emotional. There are some milestones I have missed to write down and I regret it, I thought I would be able to remember the details but I couldn't remember when it came to writing it down. Make sure to jot down details just in case because you will forget. 

I have so many things going on when it comes to capturing Vida's life. I have this blog, millions of pictures, photo albums, baby milestone albums and now this diary. I hope to have hundreds of diaries full of memories of my daughter and maybe children. Someday I hope to share a diary with my daughter so we can write to each other everyday. I always had a hard time expressing my feelings out loud, writing was always easier for me to express exactly how I felt. I wonder if she will be the same way.

Starting this journal/diary doesn't have to be a daunting task, everyday write a phrase or a sentence of what your baby did that day. You can write on how you felt that day, how the weather was, your dreams for your child Etc. 

If you have a diary already, what are some of the things you have entered in your diary? 

Have a goodnight. 
Happy Writing. 



Comments

Popular Posts