Thanksgiving!!!!

Thanksgiving is right around the corner!!!!



Last year I hosted dinner for 22 people. It was a mad house. Not only were there 22 adults we also had 16 kids.
I had invited Marine Corps Families,co-workers and  new friends we have made in Florida. It was a lot of work but totally worth it. I made two large turkeys,a delicious punch and a cheesecake Trifle. Clean up was a cinch! When you have 10 women cleaning, the job gets done fast...maybe the whole multiple/sister wives isn't such a bad idea after all. HA!
 
This year I am hosting dinner for our two close friends. With my husband's new work schedule going to Tampa to visit his family wasn't going to work out, so we decided to do a nice quiet dinner at home with our friends and watch movies in our comfy/stretchy clothes. Nice and relaxing! 

I am even putting together a huge Waffle Bar for dessert. Don't feel like Cheesecake Trifle or pumpkin Pie this year for some odd reason. 

Here is our menu for Thanksgiving

*Organic Turkey from WholeFoods 
*Mashed Potatoes made with a little cream cheese (makes it nice and creamy)
*Turkey Gravy 
*Peas & Corn
*Green Bean Casserole
*Hawaiian Bread Rolls  
*Stuffing  
*Strawberry Ice Cream Punch,sodas,water,beer

*Waffle Bar for Dessert!!!
Maybe some Pumpkin Pie :)

I am so hungry for all that right now. 
I also should mention that I make the juiciest turkey! A dear friend shared a very cool trick with me when it comes to making a turkey.
COOK UPSIDE DOWN in the pan so all the juices run inside and stay inside. 

The first time I made it everyone said.. "I never knew Turkey could taste like this,I thought Turkey was suppose to be dry" 

Ever since then I have made my Turkey the night before and cooked it upside down in the pan. It is the only way I will do it from now.


For centerpieces I have decided to to use a large pumpkin and small pumpkins I have left over from Halloween. I also want to make place cards. I was thinking of doing this:


LINK
It is a preschool craft, but it looks so cute. I am thinking of filling it with candy and adding the names to the front with letter stickers.

I recently found this antique highchair, I may use it for Vida. She won't be eating but I do want her at the table with us.
I may tie some orange and brown balloons to the HC

I am still working the details of my Waffle Bar, so of course I have been pinning like crazy.
You can follow my Waffle Bar Board  Here


I hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving. Please think of those who won't be able to be home for the Holidays.

Don't forget to donate non-perishable items to your local food bank.
Let's give thanks for the wonderful things we have in our lives and give to those who don't have very much.

God Bless!

Comments

Popular Posts