Beef Soup || Sopa de Res|| Bone Broth


Photo-yelp.com 

My favorite soup of all time.
 I remember my mom making this on the weekends and it was the highlight of my day. I was so happy, like I won a backstage pass to see the Backstreet Boys, happy. 
Now I get to share it with my baby girl, who LOVES it too. A huge thank you to my mom for sharing her recipe. 

Remember to always cook with your loved ones in mind, it makes the food taste so much better. :) 

This soup is served with warm rice, tortillas on the side and fresh lime juice squeezed on top. It will cure a nasty cold and since it is also a bone broth, it's good for your gut! :)

Ingredients. 
Oxtail (grass-fed if possible)
Eye round roast or shank (grass-fed if possible) 
Cilantro 
Parsley
Garlic cloves 
Carrots
Onions 
Celery
Brussels Sprouts 
Corn on the cob (optional) 
Zucchini 
Organic Beef consume or beef bouillon cubes about 3 

In a large pot boil the oxtail with 3 garlic cloves, diced onions, handful parsley,cilantro 
and chopped celery. 
Make sure the water is covering the oxtail. 
Boil For one hour. 

Add the cut up roast or shank into medium sized pieces, add the beef cubes and a pinch of salt to the pot. Add more water, boil for another hour. 
Or until the meat is no longer pink. 

Add all your veggies and boil until they are done. About 20-30 mins 

Serve piping hot over a little bit of rice, squirt some lime juice on top and enjoy!

If the food lacks flavor, add another beef cube or two.

Let me know if you make some in the comments below.

          
           My big girl enjoying her soup 

Comments

Popular Posts